In The Dock
PUBLISHED: 09:00 29 October 2010
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between October 15-20:
● John Battman (33), of Holly Close, Weston. Taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent: Sent to prison for 18 weeks. Two counts of driving while disqualified: No separate penalty. Two counts of driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Using mobile phone while driving: No separate penalty. Obstructing a police officer: No separate penalty.
● Christian Phillips (42), of Baker Street, Weston. Possession of an offensive weapon: Six weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months. Possession of a bladed item: No separate penalty. Threatening behaviour: No separate penalty.
● Eoin Anderson (55), of Hollow Lane, Weston. Drink-driving: One-year community order with requirement to carry out 60 hours’ unpaid work, ordered to pay £85 costs and banned from driving for 40 months.
● Leo Brennan (52), of Hopkins Street, Weston. Theft: Fined £65, ordered to pay £3.98 compensation, plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
● Joao Sena (43), of Upper Church Road, Weston. Theft: Fined £50 plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
● Mark Kay (34), of Severn Road, Weston. Theft: Two-year conditional discharge.
● Benjamin Fear (22), of Midford, Oldmixon, Weston. Threatening behaviour: Eight weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months.
● Jefferson Hornsby (39), of Walliscote Road, Weston. Theft: One-year community order, ordered to pay £85 costs.