In The Dock
PUBLISHED: 08:26 23 August 2018 | UPDATED: 08:26 23 August 2018
The following court cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from June 20-29.
* Natalie Chalmers, no fixed abode (37). Two counts of possession of class A drug, theft and assault of a police officer: community order and ordered to pay £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge. Driving while disqualified: disqualified from driving for five months. Driving on worn tyres and without insurance. No separate penalty.
* James Impey, Milburn Road, Weston (37). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 16 months, fined £369 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £36 victim surcharge.
* Michael Long, Regent Street, Weston (47). Assault: community order, restraining order and ordered to pay £85 compensation.
* Paul Stevens, Stradling Avenue, Weston (55). Breach restraining order: community order and ordered to pay £85 victim surcharge.
* David Cox, Jay View, Weston (34). Assault: 26-week prison sentence, restraining order and ordered to pay £500 compensation. Sending menacing communications: 14-week prison sentence (concurrent). Breach non-molestation order: eight-week prison sentence (concurrent).
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.