Weston-super-Mare man killed by an electric shock while tending to cannabis crop
PUBLISHED: 15:51 27 January 2017 | UPDATED: 15:51 27 January 2017
A 28-year-old man from Weston-super-Mare died of an electric shock when using wire cutters to tend to a cannabis crop in the loft of a property he was renovating.
Callum Toman died on August 2 last year in the loft of a house in Sandford Road in Weston.
An illegal electric power connection had been made and he was using it to grow marijuana.
An inquest into his death was held at Flax Bourton Coroners Court on January 24 and coroner Myfanwy Buckeridge recorded a verdict of accidental death by electrocution.
Her conclusion said: “Callum Toman, who was growing cannabis in the loft of a property he was renovating, died at 11.45am on August 2.
“An illegal electric power connection had been made. He died due to electrocution.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.