Weston-super-Mare man killed by an electric shock while tending to cannabis crop

PUBLISHED: 15:51 27 January 2017 | UPDATED: 15:51 27 January 2017

The man died tending to a cannabis crop at a house he was renovating.

The man died tending to a cannabis crop at a house he was renovating.

Archant

A 28-year-old man from Weston-super-Mare died of an electric shock when using wire cutters to tend to a cannabis crop in the loft of a property he was renovating.

Commander Chris Smith's inquest is due to open at Avon Coroner's Court today (Wednesday).Commander Chris Smith's inquest is due to open at Avon Coroner's Court today (Wednesday).

Callum Toman died on August 2 last year in the loft of a house in Sandford Road in Weston.

An illegal electric power connection had been made and he was using it to grow marijuana.

An inquest into his death was held at Flax Bourton Coroners Court on January 24 and coroner Myfanwy Buckeridge recorded a verdict of accidental death by electrocution.

Her conclusion said: “Callum Toman, who was growing cannabis in the loft of a property he was renovating, died at 11.45am on August 2.

“An illegal electric power connection had been made. He died due to electrocution.”

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists