Cancellations in Weston due to Coronavirus
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, groups and events have been cancelled or postponed.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, groups and events have been cancelled or postponed in Weston.
Latest figures show, in the UK, 1,372 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 35 people have died including Nick Matthews, aged 59, of Nailsea. *The Night Assessment Centre (NAC), in Boulevard, issued a notice which states their service remains open only for people who are rough sleeping or sleeping at the centre.
They said: “We have taken this decision to protect a vulnerable group who often have underlying health issues and are in the most at-risk group.”
*The Hutton horticultural society AGM on March 17 (Tuesday) has been postponed until further notice.
You may also want to watch:
*The Samaritans jumble sale planned for Saturday 21 March at the Boulevard United Reformed Church, in Waterloo Street, has been cancelled.
*The Friends of Playhouse have postponed their annual meeting for March 21.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
A spokesperson said: “We are carefully monitoring the situation. We will let people know when the revised date is for a meeting.”
* There will be no market on March 21, in Bleadon. A spokesman for the Market said: “It is cancelled until further notice but will restart once this crisis is over.”
*The horticulture spring show which was due to take place, in Yatton, on March 21 has been cancelled.
*A Mother’s Day cream teas event, in Wick St Lawrence, on March 21 has also been cancelled due to the virus.
*Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge Town Council have cancelled their Finances and Resources Meeting on March 16. The next meeting will be on March 27.
*The coffee morning in Yatton at St Mary’s Church on March 28 has been cancelled.
*Hutton horticultural society quiz on April 3 has been postponed until further notice.
*The Spring Fair at Clarence Park on April 4 has been cancelled.
*The upcoming Easter concert, in Congresbury, is cancelled.
*The Weston Friends’ Group of Children’s Hospice South West have announced they have cancelled their annual dinner on May 14 due to coronavirus. A spokesman has said they hope this can be rearranged later in the year.