Crafts and games at messy church
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 children enjoyed crafts and games at a messy church event in Weston.
Milton Methodist Church invited families in to learn about the Bible parable of the wise and foolish builders.
Volunteers ran activities which included building a cardboard city which was hit by an earthquake.
Children also tried to build the tallest tower with 100 paper cups.
There was a sand pit where children made sandcastles to put their Lego houses on and youngsters also made clay and pebble rocks for their card houses.
You may also want to watch:
Craft fans were able to make pictures with coloured sand and decorate crispy rock cakes.
The session included singing, drama and a party tea.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 4 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
Sue Jordan, from the church, said: "It was very busy with 53 children and their families - one of our largest groups in the three-and-a-half years that we've been holding monthly Messy Church sessions at Milton Methodist."