Crafts and games at messy church
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 children enjoyed crafts and games at a messy church event in Weston.
Milton Methodist Church invited families in to learn about the Bible parable of the wise and foolish builders.
Volunteers ran activities which included building a cardboard city which was hit by an earthquake.
Children also tried to build the tallest tower with 100 paper cups.
There was a sand pit where children made sandcastles to put their Lego houses on and youngsters also made clay and pebble rocks for their card houses.
You may also want to watch:
Craft fans were able to make pictures with coloured sand and decorate crispy rock cakes.
The session included singing, drama and a party tea.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
Sue Jordan, from the church, said: "It was very busy with 53 children and their families - one of our largest groups in the three-and-a-half years that we've been holding monthly Messy Church sessions at Milton Methodist."