Crafts and games at messy church
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 children enjoyed crafts and games at a messy church event in Weston.
Milton Methodist Church invited families in to learn about the Bible parable of the wise and foolish builders.
Volunteers ran activities which included building a cardboard city which was hit by an earthquake.
Children also tried to build the tallest tower with 100 paper cups.
There was a sand pit where children made sandcastles to put their Lego houses on and youngsters also made clay and pebble rocks for their card houses.
You may also want to watch:
Craft fans were able to make pictures with coloured sand and decorate crispy rock cakes.
The session included singing, drama and a party tea.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
Sue Jordan, from the church, said: "It was very busy with 53 children and their families - one of our largest groups in the three-and-a-half years that we've been holding monthly Messy Church sessions at Milton Methodist."