Heavy traffic on M5 after crash
- Credit: Highways England
The M5 is partially closed this morning (Wednesday).
A two-car crash between Bridgwater North (junction 23) and Burnham-on-Sea (junction 22) led to police closing the motorway in both directions at about 5am.
Lanes one and two reopened shortly before 7am but disruption is expected throughout the morning rush-hour.
Long queues have formed in both directions approaching junction 22.
And there are also delays on surrounding roads as drivers sought to avoid the road closure.
You may also want to watch:
The A38 is busy through Highbridge, West Huntspill and Pawlett as motorists try to find an alternative to queuing on the M5.
Highways England estimates the M5 will be cleared and fully reopened at about 9am.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone