Heavy traffic on M5 after crash
- Credit: Highways England
The M5 is partially closed this morning (Wednesday).
A two-car crash between Bridgwater North (junction 23) and Burnham-on-Sea (junction 22) led to police closing the motorway in both directions at about 5am.
Lanes one and two reopened shortly before 7am but disruption is expected throughout the morning rush-hour.
Long queues have formed in both directions approaching junction 22.
And there are also delays on surrounding roads as drivers sought to avoid the road closure.
You may also want to watch:
The A38 is busy through Highbridge, West Huntspill and Pawlett as motorists try to find an alternative to queuing on the M5.
Highways England estimates the M5 will be cleared and fully reopened at about 9am.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 4 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 5 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 6 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 WIN: Tickets to Horrible Histories show at Weston theatre