Crews tackle flat fire

PUBLISHED: 11:01 26 January 2013 | UPDATED: 11:01 26 January 2013

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a top floor flat last night (Fri).

Crews were called to the Boulevard in Weston at 11.22pm and used a thermal image camera when extinguishing the flames because of the large amount of smoke.

The fire was caused by a broken computer and was contained in one room.

A spokesman from Avon Fire and Rescue service said there were no injuries.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Weston Mercury