Crews tackle Highbridge shop fire
PUBLISHED: 12:32 29 October 2011 | UPDATED: 12:38 29 October 2011
BURNHAM fire crews faced an early call-out this morning (Sat) to tackle a blaze at a shop in Highbridge.
A 999 call was made at 5.46am, and upon arrival at the King Street premises, firefighters found smoke coming from the roof of a shop in a row of terraced properties.
After gaining access to the ground floor, crews found a small fire which they extinguished using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: “The cause of the fire is thought to be due to a paper file being positioned too close to a night storage heater.
“This resulted in moderate smoke damage to the ground floor of the premises.”