An evening in court to celebrate 650 years
NORTH Somerset Justices of the Peace are getting ready to mark 650 years of the magistracy.
An open evening will be held at the North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges on July 28 from 5.30-7pm.
The night is part of courts in action week, where people are invited to attend sessions at the courthouse from 9.30am to learn more about the work of magistrates.
Jeremy Williams, North Somerset Bench chairman said: “This is a great opportunity for people to see what we do on their behalf.
“What makes this week really special is the marking of such a significant milestone in our history.”
You may also want to watch:
There approximately 29,000 lay magistrates in England and Wales and the North Somerset Bench has around 100.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts