Community call-outs result in recovery of drugs

A MAN has pleaded guilty to intending to supply cannabis after a drugs warrant was executed in Highbridge.

Luke Rovira, aged 25, of Alexander Court on Highbridge Quay was arrested and charged with the possession of the drug on September 9, when a small quantity was found by police.

Rovira had already been on crown court bail for possession with the intent to supply �4,525 worth of cannabis, which was seized in September last year.

This week he appeared before Taunton Crown Court where a two-day trial saw him found guilty. He has been remanded on bail for a pre-sentence report.

PC Ryan Dingham was the officer in the case and was present throughout the trial. He said: “We will continue to target drug dealing and associated crime wherever and whenever we come across it or are told about it.


You may also want to watch:


“If you choose to blight our communities with this illegal trade we will do everything in our power to prevent it and bring offenders to justice.”

It was the second drugs warrant executed against the family in the past 12 months.

Most Read

Jose Rovira-Perez, aged 62, is the father of Rovira and is also on bail to appear before Sedgemoor Magistrates Court for production and possession of cannabis. This was after nine cannabis plants were seized from his address at Barton Close, Berrow.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter