Highbridge drug den shut down by police
- Credit: Archant
A drug den in Highbridge has been shut down by police.
Taunton Magistrates’ Court granted the police application for a three-month closure of the property in North Avenue on Friday.
The court heard how the home was linked to a myriad of incidents of drug dealing and antisocial behaviour.
The address had also been the scene of several offences including arson and assault.
Police antisocial behaviour co-ordinator Cerwyn Pritchard said: “The householder voluntarily left the property earlier this year but was still listed as the tenant while the house continued to be linked to drug supply.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to reassure people with the appropriate evidence we can take action and put a stop to the misery caused by this sort of activity.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 New school welcomes its first pupils