Highbridge drug den shut down by police
- Credit: Archant
A drug den in Highbridge has been shut down by police.
Taunton Magistrates’ Court granted the police application for a three-month closure of the property in North Avenue on Friday.
The court heard how the home was linked to a myriad of incidents of drug dealing and antisocial behaviour.
The address had also been the scene of several offences including arson and assault.
Police antisocial behaviour co-ordinator Cerwyn Pritchard said: “The householder voluntarily left the property earlier this year but was still listed as the tenant while the house continued to be linked to drug supply.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to reassure people with the appropriate evidence we can take action and put a stop to the misery caused by this sort of activity.”
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab