Highbridge drug den shut down by police
- Credit: Archant
A drug den in Highbridge has been shut down by police.
Taunton Magistrates’ Court granted the police application for a three-month closure of the property in North Avenue on Friday.
The court heard how the home was linked to a myriad of incidents of drug dealing and antisocial behaviour.
The address had also been the scene of several offences including arson and assault.
Police antisocial behaviour co-ordinator Cerwyn Pritchard said: “The householder voluntarily left the property earlier this year but was still listed as the tenant while the house continued to be linked to drug supply.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to reassure people with the appropriate evidence we can take action and put a stop to the misery caused by this sort of activity.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown