Courtney’s charity haircut
- Credit: Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
An eight-year-old girl from Yatton had her hair cut off in aid of a children’s cancer charity.
Some 18 inches of Courtney Marriott’s hair was cut at the Railway Inn, next to Yatton Railway Station, and was donated to the Little Princess Trust. Her hair will be turned into wigs which the charity gives to young cancer patients.
Courtney’s mum Karen Longman said: “Courtney was the only one without a tear in her eye.
“She’s delighted with her new cut and wants to maintain it.”
Courtney’s charitable efforts have raised more than £700 to date.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to her cause, visit www.justgiving.com/Karen-Longman
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 7 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston