Crime charity celebrates success
A CRIME-FIGHTING charity is celebrating after new figures revealed a quarter more crimes were solved in the last year compared to the previous 12 months.
On average more than 17 criminals are arrested each month thanks to West Country Crimestoppers.
Gordon Chisholm, of Crimestoppers, said: “We’re extremely proud that Crimestoppers continues to play such a vital role in helping to make our local community a safer place to live.
“I’d like to reassure the public that our service is completely anonymous and in the 23 years that the charity’s been running no one has ever been identified.
“We’re not part of the police or government, we’re an independent charity, so by contacting us you’ll never have to give a statement to the police or go to court.”
You may also want to watch:
Nationally, there has been a one per cent increase in information received and a 10 per cent increase in the number of people arrested and charged as a result of information passed to Crimestoppers.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced