Crime fighting team make more than 100 arrests
MORE than 100 people have been arrested by a crime fighting team for offences including money laundering, burglary and conspiracy to supply Class A drugs.
Since the regional team Zephyr was set up in 2010, more than 70 of those arrested have been charges and are going through the court process, with the others remaining on bail.
Officers have seized more than 20kgs of Class A drugs, 10kgs of Class B drugs and more than 50kgs of cutting agents commonly used by drug dealers to dilute substances and increase profits.
Weapons, fraudulent documentation and �220,000 in cash has also been recovered.
Zephyr is made up of officers and specialist staff from police forces such has Avon and Somerset Constabulary who work closely with neighbourhood teams across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Zephyr, Superintendent Nigel Rock, said: “These are fantastic results which demonstrate the impact Zephyr is already having in the South West and beyond.
“Over the past year we have disrupted several significant organised crime groups who have caused harm to our communities. As well as placing offenders before the courts we are using the confiscation legislation available to us to ensure that crime does not pay.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
You can report information to your local police team by calling 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. For more information on Zephyr visit www.zephyrsouthwest.com