In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were heard at North Somerset Courthouse from December 10-20:
* Christopher East, Whitecross Road, Weston (34). Assault by beating: community order, restraining order and ordered to pay £85 costs and £90 victim surcharge.
* Nicola Morss, Pastures Avenue, St Georges (48). Failure to identify driver after alleged offence: six penalty points, fined £660 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £66 victim surcharge.
* Sam Cockayne, Uphill Road North, Weston (32). Theft: community order and ordered to pay £50 compensation, £85 costs and £90 victim surcharge. Wasting police time: community order.
* William Thompson, Wilson Gardens, West Wick (71). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 46 months, community order and ordered to pay £85 costs and £90 victim surcharge.
* Ashley Barry, Cutler Road, Highbridge (38). Theft: community order and ordered to pay £85 costs and £90 victim surcharge.
* Dean Henry, Shrubbery Terrace, Weston (28). Drink-driving: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £135 and ordered to pay £400 costs and £32 victim surcharge. Drug-driving: fined £135.
- 1 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 2 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
* Helen Doyle, Bridge Road, Weston (51). Failed to provide a breathalyser sample when requested: disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £135 and ordered to pay £150 costs and £32 victim surcharge.