Dad tagged after using knife to steal perfume
A WESTON father has been electronically tagged after admitting using a knife to steal perfume from TK Maxx earlier this year.
Dacian Martin, of Hopkins Street, was sentenced to a six-month community order with a two-month curfew at North Somerset Courthouse on Monday.
He was also ordered to pay �85 costs after pleading guilty to a charges of theft and going equipped to commit the offence at the Queensway store.
The court was told that Martin removed two bottles of fragrance from their packaging before tossing the boxes away in the clothing section on June 25.
Kelly Marshall, prosecuting, said Martin later told police officers he had been given the knife by a friend when in the store but did not reveal their identity.
You may also want to watch:
Martin, aged 26, apologised to police after the incident and said he had been struggling with an alcohol problem but was now getting treatment to overcome his addiction.
He said: “I was going through a bad time when I did it. I was drinking off an on but haven’t had a drink since the day of the arrest and things have been going well.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
One bottle was found under a car with the knife and the other in a handbag inside the store.
Trevor Morgan, chair of the bench, said it was a ‘silly offence’ and ordered Martin to remain at home between 10pm and 7am between Monday and Thursday and 7pm and 7am for the rest of the week.