Finsbury Park trial: Osborne wanted to ‘kill all Muslims’
- Credit: PA
Darren Osborne, formerly of Weston-super-Mare, announced in a pub he wanted to ‘kill all Muslims’, just days before a deadly attack was carried out in London.
The 48-year-old is accused of murder and attempted murder after a van was used to mow down Muslim worshippers in London on June 19 last year.
Osborne denies the charges, but Woolwich Crown Court was told yesterday (Tuesday) that he had made threats against Muslims just two days before while in a Cardiff bar.
Soldier Callum Spence said Osborne made comments including ‘Muslims are all terrorists’, ‘I’m going to kill all Muslims’ and that he would ‘take it into his own hands’.
Prosecutor Jonathan Rees QC said Osborne hired a van and drove to London’s Finsbury Park where he then mounted the pavement and struck pedestrians.
You may also want to watch:
Makram Ali, aged 51, who had collapsed on the ground minutes earlier, was one of those hit and died. Several others were injured.
Osborne used to live in Weston but now lives in Glyn Rhosyn in Cardiff.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 7 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 8 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 9 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
The trial continues.
* For more details from the trial, see tomorrow’s Weston Mercury.