Driver jailed for killing North Somerset teenager in crash
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been jailed after killing a North Somerset teenager in a crash on Valentine’s Day.
James Bisset, of Grace Close in Yatton, killed Alex Gould and injured three others in a crash in Nailsea last year.
He pleaded guilty of causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving, driving a motor vehicle while above the legal alcohol limit, driving a motor vehicle with a proportion of a controlled drug over the specified limit and possession of a class A drug (cocaine).
He was today (Monday) jailed for a total of seven years and four months at Bristol Crown Court. He was also given a seven-year driving disqualification.
Sergeant Peter Truch said: “Nothing will bring Alex back and our thoughts remain with his family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts are also with the other person who was seriously injured during the incident and his family.
“This serves as a tragic reminder of the consequences of getting behind the wheel of a car after consuming alcohol and drugs.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“This incident has had a huge impact on all those involved and the wider community in Nailsea.”
* For full story, see Thursday’s Weston Mercury.