Drug addict admits breaking into Weston-super-Mare pub
- Credit: Archant
A homeless cocaine addict smashed his way into a Weston pub late at night to steal cash.
Anthony Lane, aged 34, used a rock to break a window of the Off The Rails pub at Weston train station.
He pleaded guilty to one count of burglary at North Somerset Courthouse this month.
Lane’s crime was discovered by a pub employee early on November 6 as shards of glass were left strewn across the floor. The cost of the damage was estimated at £600.
On inspection she found £75 had been taken from the till and behind the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates were told Lane had a £25-50 per day class A drug addiction and had not worked since moving to Weston 10 years ago.
Gareth Needs, defending, said it was a ‘very low figure’ to steal.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
He added: “There wasn’t any vandalism inside. Nothing appeared out of place, apart from the damaged window.”
Lane was ordered to complete 25 days rehabilitation activity through a community order.
He must also pay £75 compensation and £85 victim surcharge.