Ex-Mayor jailed for child abuse images
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER mayor of Weston has been jailed for downloading and possessing hundreds of indecent images and movies of children.
Philip Judd, of Trenleigh Drive in Worle, appeared at Bristol Crown Court this morning (Mon) for sentence after pleading guilty to 11 counts of downloading indecent photographs of a child between September 2011 and May 2013, and one count of possessing a prohibited image of a child.
The court was told 205 images and 156 movies were seized from his home.
Judd, aged 60, has been jailed for 14 months and was handed an eight-year sexual offences prevention order.
Judd was appointed as a councillor in 2007 and became Weston’s mayor between 2010 and 2011.
You may also want to watch:
As a councillor he covered the North Worle area, was a member of Weston Town Council and was appointed vice chairman of North Somerset Council in May last year, before he stepped down from all of these posts in June 2013.
For the full report on Judd’s sentencing pick up a copy of the Mercury on Thursday.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts