Father had almost 30,000 indecent images of children, court is told
A WORLE father has been accused of possessing nearly 30,000 indecent images of children.
Christopher Bryant, of Hawthorn Park, appeared at North Somerset Courthouse this week accused of 17 charges relating to child abuse images.
The charges consist of 15 counts of making child abuse pictures or videos, as well as one count of distributing some and another of possession.
The 51-year-old was at home with his wife and two sons on June 28 last year when police raided his property and officers say they found the material on computers in Bryant’s home. He has yet to enter a plea to any of the charges.
Magistrates heard on Monday how the material said to have been found included 29,199 child abuse images and 1,088 movies, some of the most extreme kind.
You may also want to watch:
Bryant is accused of downloading and storing the images on computers and discs between February 2007 and June 21, 2011. He is also accused of sharing the images and videos with other people using computer programmes.
The defendant appeared in court on Monday dressed in a dark suit and spoke only to confirm his name, address and age.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
He will appear back at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges on June 26, when the case is expected to be committed to crown court.
Bryant, who was represented by Jo Atherton on Monday, was released on bail.