Former school teacher appears at court over child sex allegations
A FORMER teacher has appeared in court charged with a raft of sexual offences against children.
Keith Ruby, who used to work at Sidcot School near Winscombe, appeared at Taunton Crown Court on Friday.
He is charged with 21 offences, which include 12 counts of engaging in non-penetrative sexual activity with a child aged 13-15 and five counts of engaging in penetrative sexual activity with a boy aged 13-15.
He also faces one count of causing or inciting a boy under 13 to engage in a sexual activity or penetration, one count of indecent assault on a boy under 16 and two of causing or inciting a boy under 13 to engage in non-penetrative sexual activity.
Ruby, aged 35 and of Biddisham Lane, Biddisham, denies all the charges.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on conditional bail before appearing back at the court for a plea and case management hearing on May 18.
Under the conditions of his bail, he must not have unsupervised contact with children under 16, no contact with any of his alleged victims and report to Burnham Police Station once a week.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
He must also not apply for a passport or leave the country.