Former teacher charged with indecent assault
A FORMER teacher at a school in North Somerset has been charged with a range of sexual offences against children.
Former Sidcot School teacher Keith Ruby was today charged with 21 offences against two victims including sexual activity with a child, engaging in sexual activity and indecent assault.
The Mercury understands some of the allegations are related to a former male pupil at the school.
Since the allegations surfaced last June, Ruby has been on bail, and was forced to surrender his passport to the police.
Speaking last year, former headteacher John Walmsley said he was ‘deeply concerned’ with the news that a former teacher was to be investigated, but he reassured parents that the school employed strict child safeguarding measures.
You may also want to watch:
Ruby, who is 35 and from Biddisham, will now appear at Taunton Magistrates Court on February 1.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable