GP in court over hospital sex assault charge
- Credit: Archant
A DOCTOR, accused of sexually assaulting a patient during a hospital examination, has appeared in court.
Dr Steven Pearse-Danker, who lives in Worle, is facing one count of sexual assault, relating to an alleged incident in August.
He did not enter a plea when he appeared before magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse during a 10-minute hearing on April 14.
Gareth Giddings, prosecuting, said the alleged victim was 22 years old at the time of the offence.
She cannot be named because she is entitled to anonymity by law.
The alleged incident took place on August 2 at Clevedon Hospital, according to the Crown Prosecution Service.
You may also want to watch:
Pearse-Danker, of Hawthorn Hill, used to be a partner at Worle Medical Practice before moving on to work at Locking Castle Medical Centre.
The 59-year-old was granted unconditional bail by magistrates.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
He will appear at Bristol Crown Court on May 5.