Guilty plea for New Year’s Day death
A MAN has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of a 24-year-old Cheddar man in a village takeaway.
Appearing before Bristol Crown Court on Tuesday, Samuel Binning, aged 21, of Felsberg Way, Cheddar admitted to the manslaughter of James Hewlett.
The assault took place in a kebab shop in Cheddar, while Mr Hewlett was out with a group of friends in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Keen footballer James had been enjoying a night out in Cheddar when he sustained a serious head injury at around 2am.
He was rushed to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol but later died as a result of his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Binning will next appear in Bristol Crown Court on July 18 for sentencing and has been released on bail.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery