Husband violently assaults wife
A FATHER-OF-TWO threatened to kill his estranged wife before placing his teeth around her nose during a violent assault.
Darren Gardiner, of Station Road in Congresbury, pleaded guilty to assault by beating at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges on October 21.
The 48-year-old attacked wife of four years, Sharon, at her home in Brinsea Road on September 18.
The couple have been separated for about a year and Mr Gardiner was building his wife and two children a new home.
But Mrs Gardiner felt that her estranged husband had been checking up on her too much and he became aggressive when she confronted him one evening.
You may also want to watch:
Shiovhan Heron, prosecuting said: “He said ‘when you move into the new house don’t think any men will be coming round’.
“Then he beckoned her into the lounge and shut the door. He then became abusive.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
“He grabbed his wife’s left arm and twisted it behind her back twice.
“He pushed her to the floor, before heading towards her with a fist and threatening to kill her.
“She said that he went towards her with his mouth open, before closing his teeth around her nose, stopping short of biting her.
“He then calmly walked away.
“In a statement to police he said that he had bitten people before.”
The court heard how Gardiner had admitted that he had a ‘hot temper’.
Robin Rowlands, defending, said: “The breakdown of the relationship was one-sided - Mrs not Mr Gardiner wanted the relationship to end.
“He had been looking at old photos that day and understands the impact this has had on Mrs Gardiner and his children.”
Gardiner has been released on conditional bail and is set to be sentenced on November 11.