In The Dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges between June 7-10:
n Sarah Morrissey (36), of Hill Road, Weston. Driving without due care and attention: Fined �35 plus �35 costs and �15 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with four penalty points.
n David Sheppard (23), of Bournville Road, Weston. Criminal damage: Fined �70 and ordered to pay �140 compensation, one-year restraining order. Failure to surrender: Fined �25.
n Lee Dean (19), of Locking Road, Weston. Assault: One-year community order with four-week curfew, ordered to pay �50 compensation plus �85 costs. Threatening behaviour: No separate penalty. Theft: Ordered to pay �8.74 compensation.
n David Purkiss (23), of Eden Croft, Weston. Handling stolen goods: 12 weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months, ordered to pay �400 compensation plus �85 costs. Theft: Six weeks in prison (concurrent), suspended for 18 months. Failure to surrender: Four weeks in prison (concurrent), suspended for 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
n Billy Chapman (18), of Monkton Avenue, Weston. Fraud: Six-month youth rehabilitation order with three-month curfew, ordered to carry out 160 hours’ unpaid community work and pay �85 costs.
n Sarah Spikin (29), of Churchill Road, Weston. Fraud: Fined �50, ordered to pay �15 compensation, �85 costs and �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
n Duran Thaws (28), of Shrubbery Avenue, Weston. Inflicting grievous bodily harm: Sent to prison for 16 weeks. Assault: No separate penalty.
n Robert O’Neill (25), of Merryfield, Locking. Driving without due care and attention: Fined �160 plus �35 costs and �15 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with six penalty points.
n Benjamin Craddock (27), of Palmers End, Hewish. Possession of a class B drug: 12-week community order with two-week curfew, ordered to pay �85 costs. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty.
n Carl Townsend (25), of Nightingale Court, Weston. Assault: Sent to prison for six months.
n Anthony Davies (33), of Buttermere Road, Weston. Two counts of possession of class B drug: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 60 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �85 costs. Two counts of supplying a class B drug: No separate penalty. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty.