In The Dock
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between September 19-22:
? Matthew Ashenden (27), of Milton Rise, Weston. Criminal damage: One-year community order with two-month curfew, ordered to pay �50 compensation. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty. Two counts of theft: Ordered to pay �21.47 compensation plus �85 costs.
? Billy Chapman (18), of Monkton Avenue, Weston. Assault: Three months in prison suspended for 12 months, ordered to pay �150 compensation plus �85 costs. Threatening behaviour: No separate penalty.
? Steven Tancock (20), of Earlham Grove, Weston. Theft: Two months in prison suspended for six months, two-month curfew, ordered to pay �208.79 compensation plus �85 costs.
? Neil Chance (30), of The Wrangle, Weston. Making off without payment: Fined �135, ordered to pay �20.01 compensation plus �15 victim surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
? Sean Lawton (23), of High Street, Weston. Threatening behaviour: One-year community order with requirement to carry out 40 hours’ unpaid community work.
? Wayne Griffiths (38), of Riverside, Banwell. Four counts of obtaining property by deception: Six-month community order with four-month curfew, ordered to pay �1,304.16 compensation plus �85 costs.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
? Liam Jones (26), of Milton Road, Weston. Two counts of assault: One-year community order with requirement to carry out 70 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay �85 costs.
? Justin Barnes (39), of Royal Crescent, Weston. Burglary: Sent to prison for six months. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty.
? Joseph Jones (18), of Weston Road, Congresbury. Theft: Six-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay �38 compensation plus �85 costs.
? Lee Butcher (41), of Meadow Street, Weston. Theft: Sent to prison for six weeks. Breach of conditional discharge: Sent to prison for six weeks (concurrent).
? James Roche (21), of Coleridge Road, Weston, appeared in our In The Dock section on September 15. His charge should have read common assault, not assault.