In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between October 18-28:
* Gurtake Singh (30), of Wadham Street, Weston. Two counts of assaulting a police officer: 12-month community order, with requirement to carry out 100 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs, £80 compensation and £60 victim surcharge.
* Darren Hoskins (40), of Chisholm Terrace, West Wick. Failure to provide a blood specimen: Fined £320 plus £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 12 months.
* Gavin Beck (36), of Jubilee Road, Weston. Criminal damage: Fined £70 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge. Threatening behaviour: Fined £70. Drunk in charge of a child: 12-month conditional discharge.
* Roger Kay (36), of Alfred Street, Weston. Possession of class B drug: Fined £73 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty.
You may also want to watch:
* Mark Hall (34), of Monkton Avenue, Weston. Driving without due care and attention: Fined £110 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with six penalty points. Driving without a licence: Fined £55. Driving without an MoT: Fined £165. Failure to produce documents: No separate penalty. Failure to surrender: Fined £110.
* Nicholas Carter (38), of Carberry View, Weston. Assault: 12-month community order with requirement to carry out 100 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £400 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
* James Davies (22), of Argyle Avenue, Weston. Theft: Sent to prison for one week. Breach of suspended sentence: Sent to prison for six weeks (concurrent).
* James Paul (42), of Totterdown Lane, Weston. Theft: Six-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £220 compensation and £15 victim surcharge.
* Sandra Priddy (65), of Kewstoke Road, Kewstoke. Breach of restraining order: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
* Jacek Bilman (33), of Beach Road, Kewstoke. Assault: Fined £120 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
* Dean Mason (21), of Hildesheim Close, Weston. Theft: Sent to prison for 10 weeks, ordered to pay £80 compensation.
* Stephen Kaye (37), of Pleshey Close, Weston. Theft: 18-month community order, ordered to pay £200 compensation plus £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Ryan Owen (19), of Avon Close, Weston. Theft, after entering as a trespasser: 12-month community order, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Matthew Craig (53), of Walliscote Road, Weston. Drink-driving: Fined £840 plus £85 costs and £84 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months.
* Adam Leonard (31), of Fraser Close, Weston. Assault: 18 weeks in prison suspended for two years, ordered to pay £299 compensation plus £200 costs and £80 victim surcharge.