In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between May 1-8:
* Arron Holton (35), of St Margarets Terrace, Weston. Using violence to secure entry: Four weeks in prison suspended for one year, 12-month restraining order. Assault: 26 weeks in prison suspended for one year, ordered to pay £150 compensation, £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge.
* Alan Brindle (40), of Coleridge Road, Weston. Five counts of theft: Sent to prison for 20 weeks, ordered to pay £80 victim surcharge.
* Chanel Cox (18), of Rivendell, Worle. Dishonestly making off without payment: 12-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £15 victim surcharge and £8.20 compensation.
* Charlotte Marshall (31), of Milton Rise, Weston. Five counts of theft after entering as a trespasser: Sent to prison for 28 weeks, ordered to pay £80 victim surcharge. Three counts of theft: Four weeks in prison (concurrent). Possession of class A drug: No separate penalty.
You may also want to watch:
* Samuel Rowe (36), of Totterdown Lane, Bleadon. Drink-driving: Fined £120 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 18 months.
* Derek Harrison (46), of Ashcombe Park Road, Weston. Two counts of dishonestly making off without payment: Four weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, ordered to carry out 200 hours’ unpaid community work and ordered to pay £400 costs, £80 victim surcharge and £60.03 compensation. Two counts of driving without insurance: No separate penalty. Two counts of driving while disqualified: Eight weeks in prison (consecutive) suspended for 12 months, banned from driving for three years. Failure to surrender: Seven days in prison (consecutive) suspended for 12 months.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
* Tommy Wells (54), of Moorland Park, Hewish. Trespassing for an unlawful purpose: One-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
* Linford Taylor (26), of Baildon Road, Weston. Assault: 16-week community order with curfew, ordered to pay £400 compensation, £620 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Ryan Devonshire (21), of Ashcombe Road, Weston. Theft: 18-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £85 costs, £42.09 compensation and £15 victim surcharge. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty.
* Stacey Thomas (21), of Ashcombe Road, Weston. Threatening behaviour: One-year conditional discharge, ordered to pay £50 compensation, £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
* Scott Neale-Glinn (37), of Royal Crescent, Weston. Assault: Six-month community order, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge.