In The Dock
- Credit: Archant
The following cases were completed at North Somerset Courthouse between October 14-20:
* Martin Bradford (37), of Milton Brow, Weston. Drink-driving: One-year community order with requirement to carry out 130 hours’ unpaid community work, ordered to pay £85 costs and £60 victim surcharge, banned from driving for 24 months. Failure to stop after an accident: No separate penalty. Failure to surrender: No separate penalty.
* Cam Mu (42), of Brean Down Avenue, Weston. Possession of class A drug: Fined £600 plus £620 costs and £60 victim surcharge.
* Joe Gullick (19), of Wilton Gardens, Weston. Obstructing a police constable: Fined £73 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
* John Mitchell (36), of Coombe Road, Weston. Failure to stop after an accident: Eight weeks in prison suspended for 12 months, ordered to pay £85 costs and £80 victim surcharge. Drink-driving: Banned from driving for 12 months. Harassment: Four weeks in prison (concurrent) suspended for 12 months, 12-month restraining order.
You may also want to watch:
* Craig Baird (30), of Old Banwell Road, Locking. Driving without due care and attention: Fined £160. Failure to stop after an accident: Fined £240 plus £85 costs and £24 victim surcharge, licence endorsed with seven penalty points.
* Roger Dare (43), of Station Road, St Georges. Possession of class B drug: Fined £73 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people
* Karol Wiercinski (30), of Hopkins Street, Weston. Theft: Fined £73 plus £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge. Possession of class B drug: Fined £73.