Jury considering murder verdict
- Credit: Sub
THE jury in the trial of a teenage girl accused of participating in the ‘ruthless’ murder of a Weston man are considering their verdict today (Thurs).
The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has denied murdering Mark Roberts last year on Weston’s Bournville estate.
Ryan Sheppard, aged 18, of Sunnyside Road, pleaded guilty to murder at an earlier hearing.
Mr Roberts, aged 35, was found injured in Baildon Road in the early hours of October 12 and died the following day.
The teenage girl was part of a group of four teenagers who encountered Mr Roberts as he returned home from a night with friends at a social club, and is alleged to have punched him twice during the fatal assault.
You may also want to watch:
She admitted filming the attack on her mobile phone, which the prosecution says was an encouragement to Sheppard as he kicked and stamped on Mr Roberts, and makes her criminally responsible for his death.
For more, pick up a copy of today’s (Thurs) Mercury and keep an eye on the Mercury website for news on the verdict.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery