Man accused of firearm offences
A WESTON man will face trial over alleged firearm offences.
Matthew Rickwood, aged 26, appeared at North Somerset Courthouse last week and was remanded in custody.
He is charged with using another to look after, hide or transport a firearm, possession of a firearm to cause fear of violence, and possessing a shotgun when prohibited for five years.
Magistrates heard that Rickwood, of Abbey Gardens in Weston Village, is accused of threatening a man with a shotgun following a dispute over a motorbike.
He is also accused of storing a shotgun at a woman’s house on the Bournville estate.
You may also want to watch:
Rickwood will next appear at Bristol Crown Court on March 21 for a preliminary hearing.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation