Man accused of gross indecency with son
A 68-YEAR-OLD man accused of indecently assaulting his son appeared before North Somerset Courthouse today.
He was charged with four counts of indecent assault and two of gross indecency with his son.
The man, who now lives in Ipswich but was in Weston between 1982 and 1985 when the crimes were alleged to have been committed, was aged 39 at the time of the first offence.
The boy was aged between nine and 10 when the first offence is alleged to have been committed.
All six offences happened between 1982 – 1985.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been remanded on unconditional bail until a committal hearing on December 8.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston