Man broke into ex-partner’s house
- Credit: Archant
A MAN who broke into his ex-girlfriend’s house, pushed her and threatened to kill her in front of his 20-month-old daughter has been sentenced to 80 hours of community service.
North Somerset Courthouse heard how Jack Board, aged 24, of Hatfield Road in Weston, kicked down the door of his ex-girlfriend Sadie Hawkins’ house at around 3am on July 26 after a night of heavy drinking.
Richard Nicholls, prosecuting, sais Board ‘made no attempt’ to knock on the door before kicking it down after he saw two cars outside of the house and believed Miss Hawkins had begun a new relationship.
He then removed his daughter from her cot and placed her in a pram because he wanted her to stay with him for the night.
Mr Nicholls detailed how Board ‘pushed’ Miss Hawkins and ‘threatened to kill her’ when she tried to stop him.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement read in court Board said he ‘did not remember the incident’ but he pleaded guilty to charges of common assault and criminal damage.
In court he said he was ‘really sorry’ for the incident which was ‘totally out of character’ and he was ‘fully prepared’ to take any punishment the court gave him.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
Board appeared before magistrates on August 7.
He was given a 12-month community order requiring 80 hours of unpaid work, ordered to pay compensation and court charges totalling £220 and made subject to a 12-month restraining order preventing him from making contact with Miss Hawkins.