Man caught speeding on way to work
A MAN on his way to Manchester for a business meeting sped through Congresbury at nearly twice the speed limit – because the road was clear.
Robin Heath, aged 29, was caught by police driving a Vauxhall Astra at 59mph along a 30mph limit stretch of road through the village at 5.35am on February 2.
Appearing at North Somerset Courthouse on Monday, the retail manager, of Stowey Road in Yatton, pleaded guilty to speeding.
In mitigation, he told magistrates: “I was heading to pick up a colleague from Weston before going to Manchester for a business meeting.
“It was early and the road was clear, I suppose I thought of the long journey ahead and simply put my foot down.”
You may also want to watch:
Heath was fined �385 and given six penalty points on his licence.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery