Man denies sexual assault on children
- Credit: Archant
A MAN facing 22 charges of rape, assault and sexual assault on Weston girls as young as five has denied all the offences.
Paul Danvers, who previously lived in Weston but now lives in Stechford Lane in Birmingham, appeared in North Somerset Courthouse on Tuesday.
The 46-year-old faces six rape charges, a charge of malicious poisoning and an assault charge relating to adults.
He also faces three charges of assaulting a child, two charges of raping a female under 16, three counts of indecent assault on a girl under 14 and two charges of rape involving a girl under 13.
He also faces, and has denied, charges of assault by penetration of a five year old and a six year old and two charges of inciting a five year old to touch him indecently.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged offences took place between January 1, 2002, and July 1, 2006.
He will be appearing at Bristol Crown Court on September 2 for a preliminary hearing.
- 1 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 7 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 8 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre