Man ejected from club threatened police
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has admitted threatening police officers and calling them ‘idiots’ after being thrown out of a Weston nightclub.
Gavin Webb, aged 42, of Earlham Grove in Weston, had been asked to leave Ella nightclub in Beach Road and said he was waiting for his girlfriend outside when the club’s door staff alerted officers on foot patrol to his presence.
Prosecuting, Mae Lee, said: “They asked him to leave the area and he refused and became abusive, calling them idiots.”
The court was told Webb also swore at officers and threatened them.
Mrs Lee said: “He jabbed his lit cigarette towards one officer, he took a step forward and said ‘I’m going to have you’.”
You may also want to watch:
Webb pleaded guilty to using threatening words and behaviour at North Somerset Courthouse on Monday and was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £15 surcharge.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores