Man hit over head with glass after baring his bum in bar
A REVELLER smashed another man on the head with a glass after a dispute in a Weston bar.
Craig Chase admitted the offence, which happened at Mi Bar in Regent Street on May 6, at a hearing at North Somerset Courthouse on Monday.
The 26-year-old had been drinking in the bar with his girlfriend at about 11.30pm when a disagreement started between his girlfriend and another man, Thomas Moore.
Sue Cameron, defending, said Mr Moore bared his backside to the couple before Chase then hit him on the back of the head with a glass.
Ms Cameron said her client had not realised he had the glass in his hand when he landed the blow.
You may also want to watch:
A ruckus ensued on the floor of the bar, while another man, who was not known to Chase and has not been identified by the police, then landed several blows on Mr Moore.
He was left with cuts to the back of his head, bruising and scratches.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
After door staff broke up the fight, police arrested Chase, of Homefield Close, Winscombe.
Saying her client had admitted he had behaved ‘like a complete idiot’, Ms Cameron said ‘he has learned a lesson and says nothing like this will happen again’.
Taking his early guilty plea into account, magistrates at the court sentenced him to a 12-month community order, during he must complete 150 hours of unpaid work.
He must also pay �200 in compensation to Mr Moore, and was fined an extra �110.