Man in court over allegedly stabbing ex-partner
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare man has been charged with stabbing his ex-partner with a knife and threatening to kill her.
Nashan Brown appeared in front of magistrates on Monday, charged with causing grievous bodily harm, kidnap and making threats to kill Rosanna Cooper in Pollard Road, Worle, on February 2.
Brown, aged 35, who was dressed in a grey T-shirt and tracksuit trousers, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
Rebecca Pearce, prosecuting, said it was alleged Brown kicked and punched Ms Cooper, and stabbed her in the side with a knife.
Brown did not issue a plea and has been remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
He will next appear at Bristol Crown Court on March 6.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced