Man jailed after child sex admission
A MAN from Weston has been jailed after admitting having sex with an underage girl.
Martin Webb, of Barry Close, had consensual sex with the 15-year-old on eight occasions between August and November of last year, and has been jailed for 40 months.
The 43-year-old pleaded guilty to 11 separate charges at Bristol Crown Court on Thursday, and has also been placed on the sexual offences register.
He admitted eight charges of engaging in penetrative sex with a child aged 15, one count of possessing a prohibitive image of a child, and two counts of possessing indecent photographs of a child.
Police officers investigating the charges found seven images on his mobile phone, and 18 on his laptop, all of which were classed as level one, the least severe categorisation of images.
You may also want to watch:
As part of his sentence, Webb has also had to hand his mobile phone and laptop over to the police.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset