Man jailed over 58k indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON man has been jailed for 24 weeks after police discovered he had stockpiled about 58,000 indecent images and videos of children.
Andrew Coombs, of Palmer Row, was found to have a large number of indecent pictures stored on 12 computer discs by police officers in January 2011.
A spokesman for the Crown Prosecution Service said the vast majority of the pictures were category one – the lowest severity – featuring no sexual activity.
The 46-year-old admitted 16 counts of possessing indecent images and was sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on Friday.
Coombs received 24-week prison sentences for each of the 16 charges although he will serve them all concurrently.
You may also want to watch:
The images and videos were ordered to be destroyed and Coombs will be on the sex offenders’ register for seven years.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation