Man pulls necklace from woman’s neck in Weston robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a witness appeal in hopes of speaking to a dog walker who may have seen a robbery in Weston on Tuesday.
At around 10.30am, a female in her 60s was walking along the footpath adjacent to Ewart Road when a male briskly passed her.
He then turned around and pulled a gold necklace from around her neck and made off with it in the direction of Baytree Road. He is described as white, with short dark hair and was wearing a black tracksuit and trainers.
The necklace had a safety chain and has not at this time been recovered.
A 29-year-old male has been arrested and released on bail.
Investigating officer Carol Howell said: “One arrest has been made and enquiries are continuing.
“We believe there was a dog walker in the area who may have witnessed the incident and tried to pursue the offender.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
“We’d be grateful if they would get in touch, or any other witnesses, through our website or on 101 quoting reference number 5221157563.”
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.