Pensioner jailed after admitting series of sexual assaults on young girl
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
A pensioner who committed a series of sexual assaults on a young girl has been jailed.
Maurice Wall, of Burnham-on-Sea, carried out the ‘prolonged non-recent abuse of his victim over a sustained period of time’, according to the Crown Prosecution Service.
Wall, aged 76 and of Ramsay Way, pleaded guilty to charges of indecent assault, indecency with a child and rape – and was sentenced 15 years and 11 months in prison at Bristol Crown Court on Monday.
He must register as a sex offender for life and is banned from working with children and vulnerable adults.
In sentencing, Judge Peter Blair QC said: “It has had long-lasting physiological effects upon your victim, for which you must have proper punishment.”
You may also want to watch:
Kathryn Jones, of the CPS, said: “This has been an extremely distressing case for the victim and I must commend the bravery shown. I hope the sentence today brings some closure and now allows the victim to move forward.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 10 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic