Motorway bridge fall death
A WOMAN killed when she fell from a bridge over the M5 motorway at Weston has not yet been formally identified.
The woman, who is believed to be aged 42 and from the town, fell to her death from the bridge over the carriageway at junction 21 just before 11pm on June 2.
All three lanes of the southbound carriageway at the junction were closed for several hours while police carried out an investigation.
This week, a police spokesman said the woman’s death was not being treated as suspicious.
The woman, who died from her injuries at the junction, has not yet been formally identified.
You may also want to watch:
Officers at Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court said once her body was identified an inquest into how she died would be opened.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the woman fall to call them on 0845 4567000.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation