Murder accused appears in court
A WOMAN accused of murder after the death of a 58-year-old man has today appeared in court.
Sharon Hodges, aged 40, this afternoon appeared at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges charged with the murder of Philip Gibbs, who died following an incident at Sand Bay caravan park in Kewstoke.
She was arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning and was taken into custody after Mr Gibbs was taken to hospital with injuries, where he later died.
Hodges, of Beach Road, Kewstoke, only spoke during the proceedings to confirm her name, age and address, and to acknowledge the charge against her.
She appeared in a hospital gown and had both of her arms in slings following treatment to injuries.
You may also want to watch:
She has been remanded in custody until she appears at Bristol Crown Court on December 6 for a preliminary hearing.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery