‘No contact with ex-partner’
A 67-YEAR-OLD man who smashed the front door window of his partner’s home then hit her in the face has been given a fine and a restraining order.
Laurence Thompson, of Sand Road, Kewstoke, pleaded guilty to assault by beating and criminal damage at North Somerset Magistrates Court.
He and his partner Audrey Page had been together for 11 years.
He regularly worked away in Birmingham and would come back on the weekends.
When he arrived there on September 30, he found the door locked.
You may also want to watch:
Thompson tried to open it with his key, but because a key was in the door on the other side, was unable to.
He then smashed the window and let himself in before he was confronted by his partner, who he hit in the chin and bruised by flailing his arms at her.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
Magistrates fined Thompson �350, and ordered him to pay �50 compensation, �85 costs and a �15 victim surcharge.
He was also handed a restraining order restricting him from contacting Ms Page for 12 months.