Man ‘to deny’ murder of ex-partner
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
A 42-year-old man has appeared in court accused of murdering his former partner.
Lisa Marie Thornton died from multiple stab wounds after being found injured at an address in Berrow Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, on Thursday.
Owen Pellow appeared at Bristol Magistrates’ Court on Saturday accused of murder. He was not asked to enter a plea.
His solicitor Sally Donaldson indicated that Pellow, who spoke to confirm his date of birth and address, would plead not guilty.
Lucy Coleman, for the prosecution, said: “The victim is the defendant’s ex-partner.”
You may also want to watch:
Pellow, of Berrow Road, was remanded in custody to appear at Bristol Crown Court yesterday (Tuesday) with a further pre-trial preparation hearing due on December 22.
On Friday, a spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said a post-mortem examination confirmed Ms Thornton had died as a result of stab wounds.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery