Pair jailed after �140k cannabis raid
TWO men have been jailed after police seized �140,000 of cannabis during a raid earlier this year.
Nam Van Nam, aged 20, and Canh Than, aged 19, were sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on Wednesday after police officers discovered 300 cannabis plants during a raid at a house in Hurst Road in February.
The pair were found guilty of producing cannabis and possessing criminal property.
Van Nam was sentenced to 30 months in prison and Than was given a 15 month-sentence.
A deportation order was also served ahead of their release and the two men also received confiscation orders for a combined total of �5,400.
You may also want to watch:
PC Richard Grierson said: “This is a significant seizure of cannabis that would have had a harmful effect on the communities of Avon and Somerset had it been sold on the streets.”
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 8 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston