Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder after the death of a woman who was set on fire in Weston 21 years ago.
Detectives from Avon and Somerset Constabulary’s Major Crime Investigation Team charged Steven Paul Craig, aged 57, of Brailsford Crescent in York, with the murder of Jacqueline Kirk.
Jacqueline was 62 years old when she died in August 2019, 21 years after being set on fire in Weston.
The charge was authorised by the Crown Prosecution Service South West’s Complex Casework Unit.
Craig was charged on June 3 and appeared at Bristol Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
At the hearing, he was remanded in custody and a date for the four-week trial was set for January 24, 2022.
Craig is due to enter a plea at a trial preparation hearing at Bristol Crown Court on August 17.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation